Expert C++ Developer
As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, and having just secured a $95M strategic growth investment, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for talented software developers with a winning combination of passion, skills, experience and dedication to join our team and work on our existing code base as well as our next-generation products. As a software developer in our company, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must.
- Work as part of the core C++ development team, implementing new features and improving existing functionality of our flagship PDFTron SDK.
- Engage is all stages of development from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance.
- Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
- Assist and collaborate with other developers.
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ development.
- 5+ years experience developing complex software projects and applications.
- Strong mathematical analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), image compression technologies, and AI.
- Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
- Flexible and with experience working as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.