Lead UX/UI Designer
As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging, and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for a seasoned UX designer to lead our growing team. You will define the experience of our existing products as well as our next-generation, career-defining product that users will rave about. As a lead designer you will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, processes, and company direction. We are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest tools and techniques, so a craving for learning new things is a must.
- A deep understanding of user-centered design principles and methods
- Proficiency in your design tool of choice: Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, etc.
- Ability to prototype rapidly, be it with paper, InVision, Marvel, Axure, or any tool you find appropriate
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices, such as Google and Apple’s design guidelines
- A degree in UX design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience designing mobile, web, and/or desktop apps - as demonstrated by your design portfolio
Nice to Have
- An eye for excellent graphic design, and the skills to produce it
- Experience designing, conducting, and analysing user studies
- Experience with Google Analytics, MixPanel, or equivalent
What We Expect from You
- Participate in design critiques by giving and receiving constructive feedback. We check our egos at the door, and rely on data to make decisions whenever possible.
- Deeply care for the people you’re designing for. Iterate tirelessly on your designs to create seamless user experiences.
- Communicate clearly, communicate often. Ask questions to clarify requirements, work closely with developers to make sure your designs are implemented to the best possible extent in a reasonable amount of time.
- Take ownership of a project when needed, and carry it to success for our users. We are a small company so there are lots of things to do and opportunities to grow.
- Mentor junior designers to help them grow, by providing the right balance of challenge and support.
- Be fun to work with! Have a positive attitude and bring energy to the room.
- Competitive salary with great benefits
- A sweet new laptop and all the software you need to be productive
- Excellent work-life balance
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver
- Lunch out every other Thursday to mingle with other people in the company
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other