As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, and having just secured a $95M strategic growth investment, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is able to keep their eye on the global picture of the SDLC and identify areas where current processes can be made more efficient and secure. You will implement reliable solutions in all areas from product development through to production. You will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product owners and software developers in setting up and maintaining infrastructure as required for day-to-day activities (staging services, databases, specific version control systems etc.).
- Work with development teams to ensure the deployment and accessibility of their code.
- Write and maintain development and system automation scripts.
- Execute deployments and upgrades on releases of product components in development and QA environments.
- Administer and maintain servers/environments in Windows, Linux and and Mac.
- Research and be knowledgeable in the latest continuous development and integration tools (e.g. Ansible, Docker, cmake, Jenkins).
- Manage packaging and distribution and build/release processes.
- Exercise good judgement and ensure source code security and confidentiality.
- Assist with development of future technologies and products.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support to employees.
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding process for new and departing employees (e.g. create email and software accounts, maintain networks internet for the office).
- Additional tasks as required.
- 2+ years’ experience with software development/engineering.
- A degree or diploma in IT, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Proficiency in Python. Breadth of experience and ability to work with a variety of languages including C/C++, java, C# etc..
- Ability to work as a team and independently, able to self-organize.
- Experience working in Windows, Linux and Mac environments.
- DevOps experience - CI and deployments.
- Strong level of responsibility and good judgement (mitigate risk of code leaks and security threats).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within an agile environment.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform.
- Previous experience working within a software/tech company and dev-heavy environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.