As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, and having just secured a $95M strategic growth investment, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for talented front-end/full-stack developers with a winning combination of passion, skills, experience and dedication to join our team and work on our existing products as well as our next-generation, career-defining product that users will rave about. As a software developer in our company, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must.
What are some examples of work done at PDFTron?
- Maintain existing and write high-quality, efficient and testable code that supports many client platforms (web, mobile).
- Solve technical problems and contribute to building our comprehensive document PDF SDK.
- We built a cross-platform user app, Xodo, and associated website.
- Our Webviewer demo platform (https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/platform) and UI highlights our newest features and use cases for prospective customers.
- Customer experience is paramount to us. We regularly collaborate with software developers, project and product owners, UI/UX, support, sales, and solution engineer teams to design new features and improve user experience.
- Our customers are other developers, so we research and utilize the latest technologies, write concise technical documentation and informative blogs.
Passionate about web or mobile development and shipping apps that are used daily by millions of users.
- Portfolio (GitHub or technical blogs) and experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Likes working with a team, but not being micromanaged.
- Takes pride in ownership; entrepreneurial.
- Experienced with agile and lean development methodologies.
- Strong aptitude for new product development.
- Practices automation, continuous integration, and rapid iteration based on user feedback.
- Interest in technical and product strategy shaping everything we do.
- Experience with backend (Node.js, PHP, etc).
- Experience with databases (NoSQL or SQL).
- C++/Java and other languages.
- Experience with mobile applications (Android / iOS).
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and great benefits.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Opportunities for both promotion and lateral movement within a growing organization.
- A great team environment and resources, all supporting you to do the best work of your life.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.