Web Development Support Engineer
As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte's 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.As a Web Development Support Engineer, you'll be responsible for providing developer-to-developer technical and product support for PDFTron's Web PDF and document processing SDKs to our rapidly growing customer base, and you will also work on challenging programming and documentation projects.
- Provide timely and effective technical product support to existing and potential clients via email, chat, or phone.
- Analyze, debug, and critique customer application source code to diagnose and address any mistakes in design or implementation.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with our development teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Proactively scope customer needs, and effectively recommend technical solutions using PDFTron technologies.
- Assist customers with evaluations or beta implementations of PDFTron technologies.
- Generate and maintain product documentation, and website content
- Design and implement continuous integration infrastructure for software development, testing, documentation, and customer deployment, using DevOps tools like Jenkins.
- Stay abreast of electronic document standards, industry developments, trends, emerging technologies, as well as competitor offerings
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years' experience developing complex software projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passionate about customer service, with previous customer service/technical support experience being a definite bonus.
- A can-do attitude, strong work ethic, and an eagerness to learn and to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work effectively through correct prioritization and management of tasks.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.