iOS Mobile Software Developer
As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for a talented iOS Software Developer to join our mobile development team. You will be contributing to the iOS offering of our leading PDF and Office SDKs, used by tens of millions of people around the world. As an iOS developer in our company, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must.Responsibilities
- Improving and maintaining the iOS version of our PDF and Office SDK.
- Design and develop sample code and contribute to technical documentation.
- Interact with customers who seek solutions to their inquiries.
- Assist and collaborate with other developers, and designers and product managers.
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience developing complex software.
- 1+ years of native iOS development, in Objective-C or Swift (and are happy to use both).
- Have contributed to an app that has been published in the App Store.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation, for both APIs and product overview/tutorial materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- An appreciation of great UX, and familiarity with iOS UI norms and Apple’s HIG.
- Experience developing clean, clear APIs with accompanying documentation for use by external developers.
- A strong interest in the mobile development landscape, emerging trends and new technologies.
- Fun to be around.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.