Director of Finance
As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, and having just secured a $95M strategic growth investment, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
PDFTron is actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
Director of Finance
As Director of Finance at PDFTron, you will support a broad range of financial support for the company. You will have responsibility for developing in-house accounting and reporting processes as well as support strategic growth initiatives. As someone who is data-informed, detail-oriented and a strategic-thinker, this is a unique growth and development opportunity to make a significant impact on a changing organization with long-term competitive growth plans through organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
- Working closely with the CEO and leadership team to manage all financial functions, including financial reporting, budgeting, planning and analysis, cash management, profit management, risk & compliance management, banking, taxes, pricing, working capital and audit activities.
- Accountable for accurate and timely preparation and ensures compliance with all income, payroll and provincial/federal sales tax remittances and filings, and presentation of all financial statements, tax filings, and other related financial documents.
- Maintain continual awareness of the company's financial position, cash flow, and financial performance and identify ways to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Develop and implement systems, tools, and processes to provide critical financial information to the CEO and leadership team to assist in data-driven decision making.
- Play a key role in the refinement of the company’s long-term strategy for the business to drive growth in both revenues and profitability.
- Develop and monitor cross-functional KPI's and provide hands-on, metrics-driven financial leadership to help accelerate growth and profitability, while maintaining market position.
- Engage board and leadership team to develop short, medium- and long-term financial strategy, plans, and projections.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the CEO, leadership team and the board on both financial and broad-based business issues, including BI, Dashboards, and data analytics.
- Manage the legal and compliance function, working with internal and external resources to ensure local, regional, national and international compliance in support of the strategic objectives of the company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field; MBA, CPA or similar credential preferred.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in financial roles with progressively increased responsibilities
- Experience working with/in an entrepreneurial high-growth software/technology company, with a focus on building and scaling financial functions.
- Strong FP&A capabilities to include providing insight into the analysis at hand.
- Possesses the business acumen and broad financial perspective across the organization.
- Must be able to interact well with individuals with significant technical expertise, as well as draw upon own experience for evaluation of opportunities for the company.
- Experience with leveraging technology and experienced in implementing financial software to automate accounting and finance processes.
- Big 4 experience an asset.
- Prior experience successfully operating with a VC/PE investor of a technology company. Familiar with reporting needs, interests and direction that a VC/PE investor would push a company a strong plus.
- Previous experience hiring, developing and managing a finance team an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter attitude – need to be able to set direction and execute with relatively little direction, and an unrelenting drive to “make things happen”.
- Impeccable integrity and high ethical standards.
- Great leader with strong relationship and influencing skills. Successful experience in working with a founder CEO would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be based in Vancouver, or willing to relocate to Vancouver to collaboratively work at our headquarters.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.