Development Support Engineer
DescriptionAs one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
As a Support Development Engineer, you’ll be responsible for providing developer-to-developertechnical and product support for PDFTron’s comprehensive line of PDF and document processing SDKs to our rapidly growing customer base, and you will also work on challenging programming and documentation projects.
You have this uncanny ability to discuss technical issues with both techies and non-techies, and communicate with confidence and ease. You are a natural idea accelerator and understand what it takes to work on mission critical projects. You are adventurous, competitive and driven to excel.
This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of PDFTron’s technology, be a key player in shaping our future product roadmap, while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills spanning the areas of customer service, technical support and multi-language/platform development, leading to career progression into either development or solution engineer positions with PDFTron. For entry-level applicants, we are willing to train the right candidate.Responsibilities
- Provide timely and effective technical product support to existing and potential clients via email or phone.
- Analyze, debug, and critique customer application source code to diagnose and address any mistakes in design or implementation.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with our development teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Proactively scope customer needs, and effectively recommend technical solutions using PDFTron technologies.
- Assist customers with evaluations or beta implementations of PDFTron technologies.
- Generate and maintain product documentation, and website content
- Design and implement continuous integration infrastructure for software development, testing, documentation, and customer deployment, using DevOps tools like Jenkins.
- Stay abreast of electronic document standards, industry developments, trends, emerging technologies, as well as competitor offerings.
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience developing complex software projects.
- Experience in development on either Windows (.NET and native), Linux, or Mac environments. Experience in developing on mobile, or web platforms, a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passionate about customer service, with previous customer service/technical support experience being a definite bonus.
- A can-do attitude, strong work ethic, and an eagerness to learn and to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work effectively through correct prioritization and management of tasks.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.