Deep Learning Developer
As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500™ in North America, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for a talented passionate deep-learning developers to join our team. You will use CNN (Convolutional Neural Networks) & Computer Vision tools in conjunction with our industry leading SDKs to develop next generation document understanding framework.
PDFTron is going well beyond traditional OCR to recognize many higher-level semantic structures (such as tables, graphs, charts, etc). For a high-level overview, please see: https://goo.gl/FQC558
Learn more about PDFTron.AI and document understanding here: https://www.pdftron.com/document-understanding
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- Masters or a PhD related to CNN or deep-learning or 2 – 5 years experience developing advanced commercial applications related to machine learning.
- Experience using TensorFlow, Torch, and other neural-networks toolkits
- Experience designing efficient network & training architectures.
- Strong mathematical analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively on assignments through correct prioritization and management of tasks in order to ensure high-quality deliverables at each stage of the project.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in downtown Vancouver, close to rapid transit.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.